Celebrating Kiwi Business Innovation & Commercialisation…
Don’t be shy enter the New Zealand Innovators Awards tell us about your innovation success or nominate someone that you think deserves to win!
“As last years winner, I really encourage you to enter! The entry process is great, and the support from the Innovation Council has been fantastic from point of entry, awards evening, media, and it’s still going…
“This is the premier event for Innovation in NZ, support it and get involved! It’ll do wonders for your business and/or ideas! Good luck…” Iain Hosie, Revolution Fibres.
There are 8 Innovation in Industry Awards and 6 Innovation & Business Excellence Awards, plus 3 People Choice Awards to win! All entries are encouraged; whether you are at research stage, pre-commercial or a fully fledged commercial business you may enter.
Enter and receive;
• A VIP invitation to the awards cocktail evening held in October 2013
• A chance to win one of 14 crystal trophies and $5,000 worth of IP advice
• Valuable feedback about your innovation entry from our expert evaluation team
• A heap of media coverage, TV, radio and magazine (including TVNZ’s Seven Sharp, Idealog magazine and NZ Marketing magazine)
• A chance to be voted winner of the Idealog Peoples Choice awards
..and much, much more.
Don’t miss out..entries close 20 August 2013.
and share your vision
Do you have a NZ start-up that would benefit from a month in Silicon valley / SF ?
- Return flights for 2 people to San Francisco;
- Accommodation in San Francisco for 30 days; and
- Up to 2 desks at the new kiwi run, SOMA district office space “The Landing Pad” to work from during your stay.
The total prize is limited to NZD$10,000, so depending on how schmancy you are with your accommodation, you might have some spending money left over too
NB. This competition is not restricted to web startups. You might have a growing business that wants to enter the USA market or just a great idea that you want to make fly. If the idea is good and the passion is clear then you’re in the running.
Entries close on August 14th 2011 full details on the booster seat site.
There are other competitions in the US such as DEMO and various Launchpad events organised by O’Reilly that would be great to work into the timetable if you win.
I wrote about some of these at “is R & D Spend a useful Measure of innovation?
Being on the ground in Silicon Valley is the very best kind of R & D – big wave to Nicole Fougere & Rich Chetwynd for funding this competition.
Companies trading with the United States are invited to enter the 2009 American Chamber of Commerce – DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards, held in conjunction with Qantas Airways. Over the last nine years prizes valued at more than $300,000 have been collected by winners.
The awards celebrate business achievement between New Zealand and its second largest trading partner, the United States. Award winners receive a travel voucher worth NZ$2,500 to be spent through Business World Travel, on air travel to the USA on Qantas Airways.
Award winners will be announced at a gala dinner at the Hyatt Regency Auckland on 3 September.
Awards categories are:
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – with export revenues to the USA up to $500,000
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues from $501,000 to $5 million and
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues over $5 million
- Importer of the Year from the USA
- Investor of the Year for New Zealand companies investing in the US, as well as US companies investing in New Zealand
A Supreme Award winner is selected from winners of each of these awards. AmCham also makes an award to the Supporter of the Year.
Entries close at 5.00 pm on 30 June. Finalists will be announced on 31 July and the winners announced at the black tie awards dinner on 3 September.
We have changed the criteria and previous winners are now eligible to re-enter the awards.
Previous winners of the Supreme Award have included ZESPRI International, Peace Software, Airways Corporation, HumanWare, Tenon, Orion Systems International, Zeacom, Specialist Marine Interiors & Fonterra.
In addition to AmCham, DHL Express and Qantas Airways, the awards are supported by: Baldwins, Ernst & Young, and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise.