Companies trading with the United States are invited to enter the 2009 American Chamber of Commerce – DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards, held in conjunction with Qantas Airways. Over the last nine years prizes valued at more than $300,000 have been collected by winners.
The awards celebrate business achievement between New Zealand and its second largest trading partner, the United States. Award winners receive a travel voucher worth NZ$2,500 to be spent through Business World Travel, on air travel to the USA on Qantas Airways.
Award winners will be announced at a gala dinner at the Hyatt Regency Auckland on 3 September.
Awards categories are:
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – with export revenues to the USA up to $500,000
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues from $501,000 to $5 million and
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues over $5 million
- Importer of the Year from the USA
- Investor of the Year for New Zealand companies investing in the US, as well as US companies investing in New Zealand
A Supreme Award winner is selected from winners of each of these awards. AmCham also makes an award to the Supporter of the Year.
Entries close at 5.00 pm on 30 June. Finalists will be announced on 31 July and the winners announced at the black tie awards dinner on 3 September.
We have changed the criteria and previous winners are now eligible to re-enter the awards.
Previous winners of the Supreme Award have included ZESPRI International, Peace Software, Airways Corporation, HumanWare, Tenon, Orion Systems International, Zeacom, Specialist Marine Interiors & Fonterra.
In addition to AmCham, DHL Express and Qantas Airways, the awards are supported by: Baldwins, Ernst & Young, and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise.